|Помогите развитию этого проекта вашими... знаниями! Присоединяйтесь!|
Отношение к другим
|Скеттис, Изгнанники Скеттиса, Сетекк, Силы Древних Богов|
|Столица||Небесный путь (Дренор)|
|Расовый лидер(ы)|| Терокк|
Король воронов Айкисс
|Основной язык||Воронье наречие|
Араккоа — раса двуногих разумных птиц, которые имеют склонности к тайной магии и скрытности. Их тела имеют яркое оперение всех цветов радуги, а крючковатые клювы, когтистые руки и ноги, устрашают их облик. Они имеют кастовую систему, и по одежде можно понять, к какой касте относится араккоа. Мудрецы носят декоративные маски и наплечники, а воины металлические шлемы и кольчужные эполеты.
Араккоа разводят вид сов под названием «калири», которые имеют ценные перья. Они также используют несколько разновидностей воронов и сов в качестве стражей.
Бранн Бронзобород соединяет происхождение араккоа к Анзу, но на самом деле их создала богиня солнца Рукхмар. Она создала их после того, как Анзу был проклят Sethe и исчез в темноте. Араккоа представляют изящество Рукхмар и хитрость Анзу.
Первая цивилизация араккоа, Апексис, проживала в пиках Арака и регионе сейчас известном как Острогорье, во времена, названные "Эпохой порядка". Технологии Апексисов были основаны на солнечной энергии. Внезапно, вся цивилизация исчезла, оставив после себя лишь древние реликвии и руины, которые усеяны на шпилях.
Приверженцы Рукхмар стали следующей цивилизацией араккоа, чья власть была основана в Небесном пути на вершинах горных шпилей их родины. Величайший король Приверженцев был известен как Терокк, которого араккоа считали воплощением богини Рукхмар. Однако, мудрецы приверженцев завидовали Терокку. Ополчившись против него, они бросили его в источники Сетеккской низины, которые являлись кровью мертвого бога Sethe. Кровь изменила Терокка, преобразовывая его тело и иссушив крылья. Терокк стал первым араккоа-изгоем и построил город Скеттис как убежище.
Other lawbreakers would be tossed into the pools, until the Arakkoa Outcasts were a force that lived in the shadowed trees at the base of the Spires of Arak. Rukhmar and her Adherents feared and hated the Outcasts, and so waged a war on them. To aid in their battles, the Adherents searched for ancient Apexis technology, such as golems and turrets that fire beams of concentrated light to burn at Outcasts towns.
However, as the years went on Terokk's health declined, grief tore at his heart, and Sethe's curse chewed at his mind. He began to hate the world, abandoning Skettis and even sacrificing the lower castes of his own people to dark powers in search of a cure. The arakkoa did not seem to know the reason for this abandonment and attributed it to them turning away from the worship of Rukhmar. Hoping to rejuvenate their king, the Talonpriests sealed Terokk away in a realm of shadows. All that was left of Terokk were several artifacts he left behind, among them his spear, his mask and his writings.
At some point during the war between the orcs and draenei, the arakkoa abandoned their deities - Rukhmar, Anzu, and Sethe - in favor of a Summoned Old God. They attempted to summon their new master to stop the Horde, but Gul'dan had them slaughtered. The only remnant of the old religions are in the Grishna cult that continues to follow Anzu, and that Terokk is still revered despite connections to Rukhmar.
The arakkoa continued their existence on Draenor for decades, though they suffered terribly during the Horde's first wars across Draenor. The resulting grudge against the orc race encouraged an arakkoa, Grizzik, to serve as a tracker and guide for Danath Trollbane's forces during the Alliance's expedition to Draenor. This arakkoa, seemingly alone, led Trollbane's soldiers to Auchindoun, and aided in the battle.
When Draenor shattered and became Outland, the Adherents vanished with the Spires of Arak. All that remained were the cursed Arakkoa Outcasts, who took on the name Skettis after their city and moved into the Terokkar Forest.
Today, the minions of Terokk work in his name to commit evils throughout Terokkar Forest. At Veil Shienor and Veil Reskk, the Eyes of Skettis allow Terokk to spy on those areas. At Veil Skith, the arakkoa use the Darkstone of Terokk as an altar of worship. At Veil Rhaze, Terokk raises the spirits of the dead arakkoa killed in the Auchindoun explosion. At Veil Lithic, his minions corrupt the avians into his service. At Veil Shalas, the closest colony to Skettis, the arakkoa sages conduct wars against the Light.
Recently, however, some have broken away from Skettis - some to free themselves from Terokk's evil, and others deluded by power. The Skettis Exiles, taken in by the naaru A'dal, reside in the Lower City of Shattrath, where they battle against Terokk's forces. The Sethekk are also breakaways from Skettis, but for a different reason. When Auchindoun exploded, an arakkoa named Ikiss believed that this signaled the arrival of the mysterious master of the arakkoa on their world, and with a group of followers set out for Auchindoun - where they set up in what became known as the Sethekk Halls. Ikiss believes himself Terokk reborn, and believes he and his followers are the true followers of their master and true leaders of the arakkoa.
But deep inside Skettis, the arakkoa continue their battles against all who oppose them. The Sha'tari Skyguard, a group of Sha'tari flyers, have a base at Blackwind Landing, just outside of the Blackwind Valley where Skettis is located. On an island in the middle of Blackwind Lake, Terokk awaits the proper alignment of the stars to herald his return...
Their capital is the hidden city of Skettis, located in the southeastern corner of Terokkar Forest. They have established various colonies across Terokkar Forest, known as veils: Veil Shienor and Veil Reskk in the north of Terokkar near the border with Hellfire Peninsula, and several along the Bone Wastes - Veil Skith, where the Darkstone of Terokk is located, Veil Rhaze, destroyed by the Auchindoun disaster, Veil Lithic, where the arakkoa corrupt avians into Terokk's service, and Veil Shalas, their greatest colony at the base of Skettis itself, where Terokk's sages wage war against the Light.
They also have established presences at Veil Ruuan, Veil Lashh, Veil Vekh and Grishnath in Blade's Edge Mountains and the Den of Haal'esh in Hellfire Peninsula. There are also two areas where arakkoa appear to have settled in Shadowmoon Valley, but all that remain of their settlements are ruins...and the ghosts of the inhabitants.
Известные фракции араккоа
- Skettis: The veils of Terokkar Forest and the Blade's Edge Mountains are united under the control of Skettis. The city was reportedly built up by Terokk himself, and ruled for many hundreds of years before his sudden disappearance. Terokk was once a revered hero of the arakkoa, but it is now believed that he - and as a result, the arakkoa he ruled - have now turned to evil, raising the ghosts of the dead, corrupting the avians of Terokkar. Their hidden capital, Skettis is made up of four Veils, and controls all the veils of Terokkar, Blade's Edge Mountains, Shadowmoon Valley and Hellfire Peninsula. They were once known as the Arakkoa Outcasts.
- Skettis Exiles: The Skettis exiles are a small faction of arakkoa who broke away from Terokk's evil and now reside in Shattrath City. Led by Kirrik the Awakened and his apprentice, Rilak the Redeemed, the Skettis exiles are affiliated with the Lower City of Shattrath, where the refugees of every war ever fought on Draenor (before and after its transformation into Outland) make their home. According to Rilak, the exiles' break from Skettis is believed to have been influenced, in no small part, by a revelation from the naaru.
- Sethekk: Led by the demented Talon King Ikiss, the Sethekk believe themselves to be the only true servants of the mysterious master of all arakkoa. When Auchindoun exploded after the summoning of Murmur, the Sethekk believed that this was a sign of the second coming of their master. Ikiss led his followers from Skettis to the ruins of Auchindoun, taking the relics of Terokk with them, and set up in what is now known as the Sethekk Halls. Here, Ikiss has declared himself Terokk reborn and expects all arakkoa to bow before him as their new ruler.
- Dark Conclave: A group of arakkoa, loyal to Skettis, who resided in Shadowmoon Valley prior to the rise of the First Horde. The conclave prepared to strike against the warlock Gul'dan as he conducted the ritual that would sever the orcs from the elemental spirits. Gul'dan discovered their intentions and, with powerful magic, destroyed their encampments and left them as little more than ghosts. Undeterred by their undeath, the Dark Conclave prepares to summon an ancient and powerful evil into Outland...
- Apexis: The Apexis are a now-extinct arakkoa civilization that resided in the Spires of Arak and near the area of the Blade's Edge Mountains now known as Ogri'la. The exact cause of their extinction, as well as the exact nature of the relics they left behind, is unknown. Apexis technology was solar-powered and is used by the Adherents of Rukhmar to face the Outcasts.
- Adherents of Rukhmar: Flying followers of the sun god Rukhmar, who fear and hate the arakkoa cursed by Sethe. The Adherents are based in Skyreach and use salvaged Apexis technology to fire beams of light down on the Outcasts below, setting their towns on fire. Punishment for crime in Adherent society is being tossed into the pools at the Sethekk Hollow, transforming arakkoa into a cursed, flightless state.
- Grishna: A group of arakkoa living in Grishnath and Raven's Wood in the northern Blade's Edge Mountains. Worshippers of Anzu along with the Sethekk.
- Order of the Awakened: A group made up of both cursed and high arakkoa. The Order gathers Apexis Crystals to battle the Adherents of Rukhmar, and claim to seek a peaceful new era for their people. They can be found at Stormshield and Warspear trading goods in exchange for the crystals.
Originally, the arakkoa worshipped the sun goddess Rukhmar, who created them. Talon King Terokk, who was Ruhkmar's chosen, was believed to be the goddess himself and hence was highly revered by her followers, the Adherents.
Some turned away from Rukhmar, but seem to still hold Terokk in high regard. The group of arakkoa once known as the Arakkoa Outcasts worshiped Anzu and Terokk, but by the time they became the Skettis faction in The Burning Crusade Anzu seems to have become looked down upon and only worshiped by the Grishna cult. In the past, a group known as the Ravenspeakers followed Ka'alu the Raven Mother, leader of all dread ravens and Anzu's consort.
The Dark Conclave worship the Summoned Old God, who is also worshiped by the Sethekk and their leader Talon King Ikiss (who thinks himself Terokk reborn). Before the worship of the Old God, the Sethekk followed Sethe. Some arakkoa of the Sethekk cult also mention something known as "Darkfire".
Статуэтка затерянного во времени
Players can use a trinket obtained off of Terokk, called Time-Lost Figurine, to turn their player character into a arakkoa for five minutes. While in this form, going into combat does not change the player back, making this a fun and near must-have for many players. The difficulty, length, and rareness of obtaining the item, however, make it so players with it are scarce.
The arakkoa are inspired by the , an evil race of bird-men who feature in 's 1982 fantasy movie . There is even a "Darkstone" in Veil Skith, on the western edge of the Bone Wastes, and the name "Skettis" may also be a tribute to the Skeksis. The in Dungeons & Dragons were likely also an influence on Blizzard's designers. There is also the possibility that the name is inspired by the from the Disney movie . Though not proven, the arakkoa may also be inspired by the bird-like Chozo of the Metroid video game series. This theory can be backed by the extinct Apexis civilization and the relics they left behind. They also bear a strong resemblance to the Shrykes of , both in appearance and architecture.
Пол араккоа не отражен в расцветке пера или любой другой детали, видимой прочими расами. Они кажутся андрогинными другим расам.
- Араккоа озвучил Дэйв Маллоу.